Friday 22 July 2011

APPLE AND CVN ARE INCOMPATIBLE

To the CEO and Directors of Apple

I write urgently and in respect of Apple's continued support for Christian Values Network (CVN).

I work entirely on Apple products.

I am a Christian and I am gay, and I respectfully invite Apple to view my website http://www.ianbradleymarshall.com and which stands on its own merits.

I am about to publish a second, very comprehensive anthology, which draws together Scripture and the gay lifestyle i.e. both being practised by an individual, to show that they are entirely complementary and not, as CVN would misteach, have us believe that homosexuality is an affront to GOD and "an abomination in the eyes of the LORD".

I have been delighted at the way in which Apple has been a very positive and active supporter of LGBT rights; indeed, Apple's stance on this issue has assisted me greatly in finding my own way through what was once a very oppressive and objectionable form of teaching and consequently sad life.

As a lawyer I can see that Apple has probably been caught on the backfoot. That is understandable.

Nevertheless, now that Apple has been alerted through this Petition by the All Out Campaign, it is imperative that the CEO and Directors review their policy and withdraw all support for CVN.

I note that Macy’s, Delta and Microsoft have already promptly withdrawn support, so I am a little puzzled as to why Apple is not in the vanguard on this occasion.

I note also CVN’s assertion that the Holocaust was caused by gay people. I respectfully invite Apple to view the link http://www.ianbradleymarshall.com/holocaust and which obtained full support of none other than the Yad Vashem Memorial, Jerusalem, Israel as well as Holocaust Memorials in the UK and Europe.

May I also invite Apple to view the link http://www.the-great-recession.blogspot.com and my letter to President Medvedev of the Russian Federation. That letter, sent through the Russian and British Embassies, will be published in the forthcoming Liverpool Dispatches in 2012 and because I am publishing all such Dispatches, I am considering posting this letter as a Dispatch and which will therefore be included in the publication.

May I respectfully request that Apple reviews its policy as a matter of urgency, for it would be foolish to ignore the size, professional standing and influence that the worldwide gay community carries.

My decision to move over to Apple was one of the best I’ve ever made. Do please not let me down at this eleventh hour. Millions of LGBT people put their faith, trust, hope and confidence in Apple.

Please do not sell them short merely to satisfy some rather bigoted opinions, or because one’s eye is on the daily share index.

Yours faithfully,


Ian Bradley Marshall
Liverpool

22 July 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment